The Alliance Rape Prevention Education Project has conducted Talanoa Sessions within the community to help develop the process and outcome evaluation to assess Rape Prevention Education capacity to advance health equity focused primary prevention strategies and to address root causes of sexual violence (SV) in American Samoa.
In the next few months the Alliance will create eight activities to answer and address the Centers for Disease and Controls evaluation questions. The following activities will be done:
1. Conduct an audit of primary prevention and health equity resources used by partners and staff, and available through the CDC. The
compilation of these will be made available for dissemination on the Alliance website.
2. Engage two groups of community members to understand their knowledge of SV primary prevention, their experiences and attitudes
regarding SV, the context in which SV is understood and discussed in their communities (language, social norms, cultural protocols, etc.)
3. Engage stakeholders to identify SV prevention efforts in the Territory of American Samoa and gauge the extent to which health equity is
incorporated into SV prevention strategies by conducting the following:
3a) Survey of Alliance staff and partners
3b) Talanoa Session with Alliance staff and Board members
3c) key informant (informal or semi-structured) interviews with primary stakeholders (service providers, service users, etc.)
3d) a non-randomized survey of stakeholders using the Community Engagement Assessment tool (www.nexuscp.org/ncei)
3d) a review of administrative data including past assessments of DVSA, annual reports, organizational documents, etc.
4. Develop and disseminate PSAs (ProVision Consultant) informed by the focus group data to further engage community members through
5. Write and disseminate articles for the Alliance’s monthly newsletter, Tusitala, to inform stakeholders of the RPE assessment activities and progress.
If you are interested in participating in this project please do not hesitate to contact our office and ask for Lessie to sign up for a Talanoa Session. If you would like more information regarding this project please continue to follow us online as we update every month.
Tap this bar at any time to immediately close this page and check the weather.