These events are opportunities to reach out to the community. These include tabling outreaches, waves for various awareness campaign and other special events.
The following are some of the awareness campaigns that the Alliance participates in:
- January – Human Trafficking Awareness Month/Stalking Awareness Month.
- February – Teen Dating Violence Month.
- March – Gender Equality Month/National Social Work Month.
- April – Sexual Assault Awareness Month/Child Abuse Prevention Month
- May – Elder Abuse Awareness Month/National Asian Native Hawaiian Other Pacific Islander Heritage Month/ HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (May 19)/National Men’s Health Conference.
- June – LGBTQIA Pride Month.
- July – Liberation Day.
- August – Women’s Equality Day.
- September – National Campus Safety Awareness Month/Suicide Prevention Month.
- October – Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- November – International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women.
- December – World AIDS Day (December 1).
- For more information on scheduled events, please contact our office at 699-0272, or visit our Facebook Page